Scorpio’s Kiss Candied Popcorn
So wonderful as a snack or to take have to serve for guest. Also, makes for a great hostess gift or potluck contribution. (You may want to double the ingredients for a larger crowd.)
1/3 cup of oil (either vegetable or avocado oil)
3/4 cup ) uncooked popcorn kernels
1 Tbsp Scorpio’s Kiss
½ cup butter
⅔ cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
*Optional ⅓ cup roasted, unsalted almonds.
- Warm oven to 250º.
- On the stovetop, using a 4-quart pot (with a lid) heat the oil for the popcorn to a medium-high heat.
- Add popcorn and cover with the lid. Once the popping starts to slow down, remove the pot from the heat.
- Empty popcorn into a large bowl * Optional – add nuts to popcorn.
- While popcorn is popping, in a small saucepan add butter, sugar, salt and Scorpio’s Kiss. Bring to a boil then let simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle butter and sugar mixture over popped corn and toss as if it were a salad, to coat popcorn evenly.
- Spread coated popcorn on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven heat off and allow popcorn to cool in oven for 20 minutes.