Jump Up Popcorn
This has the potential to turn normal people into popcorn crazies. It may sound a bit weird, but OMG, it is FABULOUS!
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of oil (either vegetable or avocado oil)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) uncooked popcorn kernels
- 2 – 3 Tbsp (30 – 45 ml) Offbeat Jerk spice blend
- 2 Tbsp sweetened coconut flakes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp salt (10 ml) (or more to taste)
¼ cup butter
- On the stovetop, using a 4-quart pot (with a lid) heat the oil to a medium high heat.
- Mix together the Offbeat Jerk spice blend, coconut flakes, lime zest and salt in a small bowl.
- Add popcorn and cover with the lid. Once the popping starts to slowdown, remove the pot from the heat. Leave covered, wait for 2-3 minutes to allow the final pops, then empty into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Pour over the cooked popcorn. Toss.
- Sprinkle the popped corn with spices and toss well.