Honey & Lavender Baked Feta
This served together with a crisp glass of white wine is one of life’s great pleasures. The saltiness of the cheese, paired with the honey and lavender is a flavour that is quickly adictive.
200 g Feta
3 Tbsp Honey
½ tsp Garlic (minced)
½ tsp Lavender
Pinch of sugar
3 sprigs fresh Thyme
Ground Pepper to taste
Rye crackers (
- Remove feta from the package and wrap in a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Leave wrapped at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400° F with a rack situated in the middle.
- Place the cheese in a small oven-proof dish.
- Using a pestle and mortar, combine the lavender, sugar and black pepper. Mix this together with the minced garlic and spread the paste on top of the feta.
- Drizzle the honey and sprinkle to Thyme leaves over top.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes and serve warm with crackers.