These are a delicious snack to have on hand for the holidays. It makes for a perfect crunchy nibble to have with a tasty glass of wine or to include on a cheese plate.
Prep Time 15 min + resting 30 min
Cooking Time 45-50 min
3 cups flour
½ C lukewarm water
½ C C white wine
1 teaspoons active dry yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Using a stand mixer, combine all the liquid ingredients together with the yeast and salt.
- Add the fennel seeds and flour and continue to mix.
- Dust a clean surface with flour, and cut a piece of dough (appx 25 g) rolling it into a ½” thick x 7-8″ long tube.
- Unite the ends, or overlap and press together to make a round shape. Repeat until the dough is all in round shapes.
- Let Taralli’s rest for 20 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 380 degrees.
- Boil some water, placing a few Tarelli at a time into the pot. (Prevent from sticking to the bottom by gently moving with a wooden spoon. When they are cooked, they will float to the top. Place on a dry towel or paper towel.
- Use parchment paper place the Taralli’s on a large baking sheet and bake for 30 – 35 min. (Check after 15 minutes and turn the biscuits to crisp evenly on both sides.)