Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are delicious anytime of year, but they seem to really shine during the harvest season. This quick recipe is perfect for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or as a compliment to a roasted pork or beef dinner. Or add chick peas to the mix, and make a tasty option for a vegan Thanksgiving bowl.
4 Sweet potatoes (medium size, peeled, and sliced in 1 cm think slices)
⅓ Cup Butter, melted (for vegan option, replace with olive or coconut oil)
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (Option – replace sugar with Maple Syrup)
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Salt
- Set oven to pre-heat at 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter or oil and continue mixing.
- Toss the cut sweet potato discs in the bowl with the sugar and spice mixture using your hands to make sure that every slice is well coated.
- Add salt and toss some more.
- Lay the sliced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet (line with foil for easy clean-up) in an even single layer.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Then using a spatula, turn them so that the other side roasts.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes more, until ‘fork-tender’, but not too soft.
- Serve right away.