Spiced Butterscotch Squares
Think crispy edges and chewy centres, this is a treat because of the flavour and texture. And the warm spices in Brick Lane Takeaway add a depth of flavour without being entirely recognizable as a curry blend.
- ½ Cup Butter or Margarine, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ tsp Bricklane Takeaway
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Nuts chopped *Optional
- Butter a 9 x 13″ pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the dried ingredients (flour, baking powder, Brick Lane Takeaway, and salt) in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer (either standup or a handheld), beat the sugar and butter together. Then add the eggs one at a time, continuing to mix well.
- Add the vanilla and mix, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend.
- Mix nuts in, if using and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before cutting into squares.