Smokey Kale Chips
The trick with a crispy kale chip is to clean and dry the kale really well. Even let sit in the crisper after washing, if you have time. Adding a dusting of our naturally smoked paprika for a little extra pop of flavour.
- Kale Leaves, fresh, clean and dried well. Torn into about 10 cm pieces
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Preheat your oven to 275° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet (or two or three, depending on how much kale you have)
- Place the torn kale pieces in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add a sprinkling of salt and smoked paprika, and massage into the kale so that the olive oil coats the leaves.
- Spread out on the baking sheet, so that the leaves aren’t touching and bake for 24-28 minutes. Check on them, at around 20 minutes, in case your oven runs hot. They will have shrunk and become darker.
- Turn the oven off and open it, allowing the chips to cool for about 10 minutes in the oven.
- Serve room tempurature.