Smokey Cabbage Slaw
Dress up your coleslaw with a hit of smoked paprika! It’s transformational!
- 6 Cups of Cabbage, chopped finely using a mandoline or food processor
- ⅓ Cup finely sliced celery
- ⅓ Cup Almonds, slivered and toasted *Optional
- ½ Cup Mayonaisse
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (White Wine Vinegar also works well!)
- 1 ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, and a pinch extra to garnish when serving
- 1 tsp Salt, Kosher or Sea Salt
- Pepper, to taste
(For a more colourful variation mix up some carrots and purple cabbage within the 6 cups.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, sugar, smoked paprika and vinegar. Add pepper to taste.
- Add the cabbage, celery and almonds and toss to coat.
- Garnish with a pinch of paprika and serve at room temperature.