Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Lonestar’s Leap Sauce
This brisket is really, really good. Do not expect leftovers. It can be served as a meal with sides or piled high onto rolls with Coleslaw as sliders.
Time: Prep: 5 min; Marinate time: 30 min; Cook time: 8.5 hours
4 lb beef brisket
1 tbsp olive oil (or a neutral oil like vegetable, canola)
2 Tbsp Lonestar’s Leap blend
1 Tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp salt
Lonestar’s Leap Sauce:
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) ketchup
1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp (30 ml) Lonestar’s Leap blend
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Mix rub ingredients together. Rub the mix all over brisket. If time permits, leave for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a slow cooker. Stir well. Then add the brisket to the slow cooker and submerge in the sauce. Cook on low in a slow cooker for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Remove brisket from slow cooker and place in a roasting pan lined with aluminium foil.
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat and reduce until it thickens to a syrup consistency about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle brisket with oil then roast in the 400 F oven for 15 minutes until brown spots appear. Remove and baste generously with the sauce, then return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove and baste again, then return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until it caramelises.
- Slice brisket thinly across the grain and serve with remaining Lonestar’s Leap Sauce.
Alternate cooking methods:
- You can SLOW COOK on HIGH for 5 hours
- You can use a PRESSURE COOKER and cook under pressure for 1 ½ hour