Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are always a hit! This recipe works well with any combination so take your pick from your personal favourites (turnip, parsnip, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, potatoes – and add onions, fennel and or squash, if you like!)
This recipe is great to serve a crowd, as left-overs, used in Buddha Bowls, or added to a soup, so a larger batch is a good thing. Plus, this recipe is well suited to vegans and vegetarians, too!
INGREDIENTS – Roasted veggies
3 lbs Root Vegetables (choose your favourites from the list in the first paragraph)
1/3 Cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp Dial R for Ras
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste.
INGREDIENTS – Tahini Sauce
2 Tbsp Tahini
1 tsp Lemon juice
½ crushed clove of garlic
Warm water to thin (about 1 Tbsp)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean, peel and chop veggies into bite-size pieces.
- In a large enough bowl to hold the vegetable pieces, mix the olive oil, Dial R for Ras and salt together.
- Add vegetable pieces and mix with your hands to evenly coat.
- Spread vegetables out evenly on a pan, and roast for 20 minutes. Turn veggies and roast for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and serve either drizzled over vegetables, or on the side.