Parsnip & Pear Mash
In the tradition of the Dutch Stamp Pot (usually made with a mix of potatoes and vegetables) we’ve put together this tasty variation using parsnips and pears. It’s a nice light dish that goes wonderfully with ham or turkey, as well as duck or other fowl. The cardamom and dash of maple syrup really compliment the pear beautifully!
- 454 g Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp Cardamom, ground
- Pinch of Salt
- Using a microwavable bowl or container with a lid (not sealed tightly so that steam can escape), microwave the parsnips and pears together with the orange juice, zest and lemon juice for 12 – 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove and mash with a potatoes masher, adding the maple syrup, cardamom and salt. Serve warm.