Mint & Lavender Potato Salad with Labneh
Cucumber, mint and lavender give this potato salad a particularly summery lightness. Add radishes if you like radishes. Or raw zucchini cut into cubes. It’s an anything-goes kind of salad that is perfect for serving alongside a burger or any of your favourite proteins.
- 3 Cups of Potatoes, raw and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 English Cucumber, seeds removed and cut into 1 cm chunks
- ⅓ Cup Labneh
- 2 Tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lemon juice (+ some lemon zest, if available)
- ½ Tbsp Lavender, minced
- ½ Tbsp Mint, chopped finely
- ½ Tbsp Chives, chopped into small pieces
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, add water and a pinch of salt to the potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for about 15-18 minutes (until fork-tender).
- While the potatoes are cooking, add a dash of salt and pepper along with the lavender to a pestle and mortar and grind it into a fine texture.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together oil and lemon (juice + zest, if using). Add the lavender, salt and pepper mix.
- When the potatoes are finished, drain them and add the oil mixture and toss to coat. Set aside to cool. (Or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Add the cucumber, chives and labneh, and gently mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste,
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.