LAMB WITH PISTACHIO-CORIANDER PESTO
This gorgeous, herby take on lamb ‘lollipops’ is so fresh and is sure to delight taste buds!
Lamb tastes amazing pretty much any way you season it, but there are some flavours that enhance the taste of this cut of meat even more than others. This secret sauce in this recipe is the homemade pistachio pesto which features crushed coriander and fresh cilantro. In addition to how tasty it is, it isn’t uncomplicated to make (at all) and is definitely a showstopper!
- 10 Lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- 1 tsp each Cardamom and Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Zest of one Lemon
- Arugula to serve
Pistachio and Herb Pesto
- ½ Cup Pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ Cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp Castor Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Trim excess fat from the lamb cutlets and place them in a zipper bag or marinade dish.
- Crush the cardamom and coriander seeds with a mortar and pestle. In a small dish combine the cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, olive oil and crushed garlic and rub it all over the lamb.
- Let marinate for at least 3 hrs, and even better if you have time to leave them overnight. Take the lamb out of the fridge in advance so that it can come to room temperature before you start grilling.
- Place the pesto ingredients in the bowl and mix them together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Season the marinated lamb with salt and pepper and grill on high for 2-3 minutes per side to achieve a nice sear and still have a nice pink center.
- Let the lamb rest for a few minutes before serving. Arrange meat on a serving platter, and spoon the pesto over the lamb. Serve and Enjoy