Jerk Nachos (with Ground Turkey)
This recipe combines spicy, sweet and salty, giving a classic comfort food a special Caribbean flair. The light flavour of ground turkey is a delicious combo with a bit of Offbeat zing. (For something extra special, try pairing it with our Peppy Peach Salsa).
- 454 Ground Turkey
- 1 Tbsp Offbeat Jerk
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Celery, cubed or chopped finely *Optional, can also use onions if you prefer
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh chopped
- Nacho chips, grated cheese and salsa, to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt and Offbeat jerk spice blend.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat, add oil, celery (or onions, if using) and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground meat, add the spice mixture, separate it, and turn it while it cooks so that the spice mixture is evenly dispersed and you get a nice crumbled meat.
- Once it’s cooked, add pepper to taste.
- Put a layer of nacho chips on a lined baking sheet, add the meat crumble, and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place in the oven for 5- 6 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and garnish of Cilantro.