Gorgeous Parsnip Turmeric Soup
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (plus some to drizzle when serving)
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 bags of Parsnips (12 oz) peeled and cut into chunks
1 Tbsp Turmeric
4 cups Vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- In a large pot (also works well in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot) saute the onions in oil until slightly translucent.
- Add Turmeric and stir well.
- Add Parsnips and broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Using a standard blender or emersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and pepper.
*If using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, cook for 7 minutes and let release naturally.