Fennel & Apple Salad (w/Honey Mustard Vinaigrette)
The combination of fresh and sweet, with a hit of tang from the DSF Mustard is wonderful. And using a bit of the dry mustard helps to emulsify the dressing nicely. The dressing works well on a number of different salads that combine fruits and vegetables with lettuces.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp DSF Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard *optional
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
½ a small fennel bulb (remove stock, but keep fronds for salad garnish)
1 cup of arugula (or mixed greens_
- Using a mandoline slice the fennel and the apple into thin slices. (If you like julienned pieces, use a knife to cut into smaller pieces.)
- Combine with lettuces and add Vinaigrette. Toss, garnish with Fennel Fronds and serve.
- Add everything together in a bowl or a food processor and blend.
- Use lightly to dress salads. Store in the refrigerator. Keeps well for 1 week.