Dukkah Chicken Kebab’s with Zucchini
A wonderful summer ‘go-to’ for lunch or dinner that is pretty easy to make, and very fun to eat!
The combination of the smoky grilled meat and summer squash together with Blue Duke has a clean, yet sweet taste.
2 Chicken breast (cut into 1 – 1.5″ pieces
1 Zucchini (Summer Squash) – made into long, thin strips using a peeler
⅓ cup plain yogurt
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp Blue Duke
You will need skewers or bamboo sticks for this dish.
- If using bamboo sticks, soak them for at least 30 minutes.
- If working with whole chicken breasts, cut them into 1 – 1.5″ chunks or strips so that they fit nicely on a kebob
- Add salt to the yogurt and stir. Then add the chicken to the yogurt-salt mixture and marinate for at least 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Clean the zucchini and then cut bands of it using a peeler.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge, and remove the excess yogurt.
- Put the chicken and strips of summer squash (alternating) on the skewers. (To get the summer squash bands to look nice, create a ribbon effect – see below).
- Sprinkle with Blue Duke on all sides.
- Grill on medium until chicken temperature registers at 165 C.
- Serve immediately