Cooked Jerk Cabbage
This cooked cabbage and carrot slaw is healthy and hearty and is a tasty compliment alongside poultry, pork, fish or tofu. It can be served either warm or at room temperature.
- ⅓ Head of Green Cabbage, chopped into small slices using a food processor
- 2 Carrots (or more as you prefer)
- 1 Red Pepper (Optional, nice for colour)
- ½ Tbsp Oil (Canola, Vegetable or Avocado all work)
- 1 ½ tsp Offbeat Jerk Blend (add more for a more robust flavour)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crushed Chile Flacks *OPTIONAL
- Add the oil to a skillet and set to medium-high heat. Add all the other ingredients (except the salt, pepper and chile flakes, if using) and stir while cooking.
- Cabbage will start to wilt slightly and become al danté. Add salt, pepper, and *chile flakes (*if using)to taste.
- Serve warm or room temperature