Blue Duke Popcorn
Sweet and savoury, the honey and herbaceous flavours combine to make something a bit exotic, and totally special!
1/3 cup of oil (either vegetable or avocado oil)
3/4 cup ) uncooked popcorn kernels
1 Tbsp Blue Duke
½ cup butter
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
- Warm oven to 250º.
- On the stovetop, using a 4-quart pot (with a lid) heat the oil for the popcorn to a medium-high heat.
- Add popcorn and cover with the lid. Once the popping starts to slow down, remove the pot from the heat.
- Empty popcorn into a large bowl.
- While popcorn is popping, in a small saucepan add butter, sugar, salt and Blue Duke. Bring to a gentle boil then reduce to low heat until popcorn is ready.
- Drizzle butter and Blue Duke mixture over popped corn and toss as if it were a salad, to coat popcorn evenly.
- Spread coated popcorn on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven heat off and allow popcorn to cool in the oven for 20 minutes.
(*Optional – if you are eating it right away, and enjoy the melted butter experience on your popcorn, you can skip steps 7 and 8.)