Bad’Az Mushrooms & Brown Rice
Wonderfully savoury and satisfying as part of a meatless meal or as a side dish. Try it with fish, chicken or pair it with Za’Atar Marinated Tofu.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 Celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Bad’Az
- 3 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 Cup Brown and/or Wild Rice, cooked (in vegetable broth ideally)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan. Saute onions, garlic and celery for about 6 minutes. Add Bad’Az Za’Atar and mix well.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5-8 more minutes. (add a dash more olive oil if needed)
- Fold in the cooked rice, and the chopped parsley. Top with pine nuts and serve warm.