BAD AZ SHEET PAN ROASTED CHICKEN & VEG
Gimme’ all the Sheet Pan, no fuss, no mess, minimal dishes recipes! This roasted chicken, crispy potatoes and veg is a crowd pleaser! You won’t believe your mouth when you taste it. The Za’atar blend gives this dish an earthy, complex, toasty flavour with a zesty zip from the sumac in the blend. Throw all the ingredients in a marinade container or resealable bag, toss together and let the flavours meld. Marinating the chicken for 30 minutes, up to overnight is the secret to success with this dish. If you’re marinading overnight, don’t add the veg until the last hour or so of marinade time.
The potatoes that come from this roast, are crispy on the outside, soft in the centre, flavorful and addictive! Consider yourself warned.
- 6-8 pieces of Chicken, bone-in, skin-on, rinsed and patted (thighs, breast, drumsticks)
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- Zest of One lemon
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Bad Az Za’atar
- 16oz or 2 Cups of Baby Potatoes, cut in half
- 8oz or 1 Cup of Pearl Onions – peeled, left whole
- 3 large Carrots, peeled and cut into pieces similar size of the potato halves
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley
- Put the chicken pieces in a marinade container or resealable bag. Mix together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, Za’atar, and pour over chicken. If you plan to marinate overnight (up to 12 hrs), don’t add the veggies until an hour or 2 before you plan to bake the tray. If you’re baking within 1-2 hours, go ahead and add all the veggies to the chicken and marinade. Give everything a good shake and pop it in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Drizzle a little olive oil on the foil, spread it around with a piece of paper towel. Spread the chicken pieces and all the veggies on the prepared pan. (Aadd an extra little dusting of Za’atar, salt and pepper if you’d like.)
- Bake for 35-40 mins, rotating the tray halfway to brown everything evenly. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve warm. (Sprinkle with fresh parsley and a little squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.)