The Gorgeous Fennel-tini
Serves: 1 person
1.5 oz (45 ml) Vodka
¼ tsp Vermouth
½ tsp fennel syrup (see below)
¼ tsp white balsamic or champagne vinegar
Kalamata olives (as garnish)
1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
1/4 (62 ml) cup water
1.5 Tbsp (22 ml) fennel seed
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the sugar, water and fennel seeds for the fennel syrup.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved. Immediately reduce to a low simmer.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes, strain out the seeds, bottle, and refrigerate (keeps for 30 days in the fridge).
4. Add all ingredients, except the garnish, to a mixing glass with ice.
5. Stir until ice-cold and strain into a martini or coupe glass.
6. Garnish with olives.