The Best Tuna Melt Ever
Make no mistake, a tuna melt is almost always a beautiful thing. But this is like a tuna melt at eleven!
- 1 Tbsp Yogurt, plain
- 1 Tbsp Mayonaisse
- Splash of Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Capers, chopped or minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 170 g tin of Tuna, in water
———— And for the assembly
- 1/4 scant Cup of Cheddar, freshly grated *You can use smoked cheddar for an extra smokey taste.
- 2 slices of Bread, of your choice
- 1 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- Mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, capers, and smoked paprika. Add the tuna, and 1 Tbsp of the grated cheese, mixing together and then add a dash of salt and pepper, to taste.
- On medium-high heat, warm a skillet.
- Butter the outsides of the bread, spread the tuna mix and top with choose and a dash extra of Smoked Paprika.
- Grill until nice brown crust forms (about 5-6 minutes, but keep an eye on it). Turn to grill other side.
- Serve warm with a dill pickle *pickle is optional