Taters with Lonestar’s Leap
Whether your local grocery carries Tater Tots, Tater Rounds, Tater Treats or Spud Puppies, these are great to have on hand for a quick snack or side dish. You can dress them up with nacho toppings, serve them with a dip or use them in a casserole. We like to leave them in a few minutes more than the instructions for a little extra crispiness!
- Taters (We typically make half a bag to leave lots of space on the cookie sheet, but you can double it and use a second cookie sheet.)
- 1 ½ TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Lonestar’s Leap Spice Blend
- ½ tsp Thyme, dried/crushed
- A pinch of Salt
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 2 TBSP Ranch Dressing
- Dash of Tobasco *Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400° and prep a cookie sheet with foil, Silpat matt or cooking spray.
- Whisk oil, Lonestar’s Leap, thyme, and salt in a large bowl.
- Toss the frozen Taters of choice in the seasoned oil to cover them.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes more than the recommended baking time for extra crispiness.
- While they bake, mix the mayo, sour cream, ranch dressing and Tobasco, if using.
- Serve hot or warm with the sauce on the side for dipping.