Sweet Potato Stew with Lentils & Kale
Wholesome and flavourful, this vegetable stew is a hearty plant-based meal that comes together quickly (especially if you have an Instant Pot!). Serve it with fresh-baked bread, or try your hand at homemade naan.
- 4-6 Sweet Potatoes (depending on size), peeled and diced into 2 cm pieces
- ⅔ Cup Lentils, uncooked
- 1 Can (400 g) Full-fat Coconut Milk
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2- 3 tsp Oil (Coconut or Avocado)
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- ½- tsp Chile flakes *Optional
- 21/2 tsp Brick Lane Takeaway Blend
- 1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Cups of Kale, fresh and chopped up
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped Cilantro, additional Chile Flakes and Lime Wedges to serve
- Use a heavy-bottomed pot on medium-high heat, saute the chopped onion in the oil. Stir regularly to prevent burning and after about 5 minutes, add the Brick Lane Takeaway, garlic, ginger, Chile Flakes and stir for another minute.
- Add the Sweet potatoes and lentils and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and kale, season with salt and pepper to taste and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chopped cilantro, chile flakes and a lime wedge.