Sesame Chile Sauce
Once you try this Sesame Chile Sauce you are going to want to keep a batch made at all times. It’s the perfect way to add a spicy kick to just about any dish you can think of.
- 1/2 Cup Neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 11/2 tbsp Miso
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar, white
- 2 ½ Tbsp Sesame seeds, gently roasted roasted
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds, ground (or Tahini)
- 2 tsp Ginger, fresh/minced *optional
- 1 tsp Crushed chile pepper
- 1 clove Garlic (roughly grated)
- Place all the ingredients except for the oil, the miso and the sesame oil into a heat-proof bowl.
- Using a small saucepan on medium heat, warm the neutral oil until it reached 350 degrees.
- Pour the warmed oil into the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add miso and sesame oil, stir and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Serve with noodles, on corn on the cob, on eggs, in a salad, on french fries (with mayo and chopped green onions- oh my!), in soup, on ice cream – you name it! It’s pretty delicious on everything.