SCORPIOS KISS BUTTER TARTS
Move over plain ol’ butter tarts; Scorpios Kiss is here to jazz up the classic butter tart flavour profile! Keep them plain, or add one or a combination of the add-in suggestions or an add-in that you think of! The options are really only limited by your imagination.
Use your favourite pastry recipe, or buy frozen tart shells to make this a quick sweet treat that is always a crowd favourite. They also make perfect hostess gifts and trust us, everyone will ask what that flavour is and for the recipe, and we highly encourage you to share it! 😉
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter- softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Scorpios Kiss spice blend
- Pinch of salt
Optional add-in ideas
¼ cup Raisins, craisins, currants, pecans, white chocolate chips or shredded coconut. The options are endless!
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix all ingredients, except the ‘add-ins’, together in a medium-sized bowl until smooth.
- If using add-ins, divide evenly and place in the bottom of empty tart shells. Fill each shell three-quarters full with the filling.
- Bake on the bottom rack of your oven for about 12 minutes until the filling is puffed and bubbly and the pastry is golden.
- If using homemade pastry, not in foil- allow the tarts to cool in the muffin tin and use a sharp, thin knife and loosen the tarts from the pan.