Lucky Sweet Potato Soup
If you are a fan of fall foods, this Lucky Spiced sweet potato soup is a must-have on chilly autumn afternoons. Roasting the sweet potatoes and carrots beforehand gives it a naturally sweet flavour. Serve with a swizzle of cream or for a vegan option try toasted or candied pepitas.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, medium-size, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 Carrots, medium-size, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 Onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 900 g Vegetable broth
- 1-2 Cups of Water
- 2 tsp Lucky
- ¼ tsp Crushed Chilies *Optional
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, yogurt, candied or toasted pepitas.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper, foil or a reusable silicone matt. (If you are in a rush, you can skip roasting the veggies first, and cook it all together in a pot. Roasting adds a bit more sweetness, but either way this soup is delicious!)
- In a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes, carrots and onions in olive oil, Lucky Spice and garlic. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted veg to a large, thick-bottomed pot on medium heat, or Instant Pot. Add broth and crushed chillies, if using. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender (or cool and use a standing blender). Add water until you have the desired consistency. (Depending on the size of sweet potatoes, it can be too thick.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot with a drizzle of yogurt, a dollop of sour cream or toasted pepitas.