Lucky Spiced Pecans
If you like pecans, then this treat is for you! Baked with Lucky Spice, a bit of sugar and a hint of salt these pecans are a great snack or a tasty addition to a salad. (You can also add a bit more cayenne if you like a bit of heat.) And put into a nice jar with a ribbon added, these nuts are a lovely homemade hostess gift, too.
- 3 Cups of Pecans, raw and unsalted /halves are better than pieces
- 1 Egg White, lightly whipped (either by hand or in a mixer)
- 2 tsp Water, luke warm
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp Lucky Spice
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne *OPTIONAL
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees and prep a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray or a smidge of butter/oil to prevent sticking.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the sugar, Lucky Spice, salt and cayenne, if using. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg white and add the water, then toss the pecans to coat.
- Toss the nuts in the sugar mixture and spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and then turn. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.