Lime Pepper Chicken Fajitas
This is a colourful dinner, ideal for a crowd or to have as left-overs.
Plus, it’s a sheet-pan recipe, making clean-up quick and easy!
Prep time 25 (10 minutes active)
Cook time 15 min
Total 35 min
Ingredients – Marinade + Veggies
2 Tbsp olive
1 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
½ onion, cut into slices
1 red pepper, seeds removed, sliced thinly
1 orange pepper, seeds removed, sliced thinly
1 tsp Lime Pepper
1 tsp honey
1 tsp cumin, ground
½ tsp Smoked Paprika
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp cillatro, chopped *optional
1 pinch red pepper flakes (or ground chile works, too – adjust according to your heat preference.)
Ingredients – Chicken
2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
⅓ cup flour
1 ½ tsp lime pepper
- Sour Cream
- Cheese (TexMex Mix, shredded Chedder or cotija, if available)
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (F) and prep a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray/oil.
- In a large bowl combine ingredients of marinade. Whisk together and add veggies – let stand for 20-30 min.
- Separately, mix flour and Lime Pepper on a plate, and dredge the chicken.
- Place everything on the baking sheet together, and bake for 15 – 18 minutes, turning everything at the halfway point to prevent burning.
- Assemble Fajitas! Serve with peppers and onions, add avocado, Lettuce, cotija cheese (or shredded taco cheese mix), fresh cilantro and sour cream.