Lemon Cardamom Crinkle Cookies
These are a tasty and glamorous addition to any cookie exchange!
2 Cup Flour
1 tsp Cardamom (ground)
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Fine sea salt
½ Cup Butter, (Unsalted, melted and cooled)
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs (room temperature)
11/2 Tbsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
Lemon zest of 2 lemons
½ tsp Lemon extract
½ tsp Vanilla
½ Cup Icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and prep two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, cardamom, baking powder, salt, lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, then add the vanilla, lemon extract and eggs one at a time.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients on low speed. (Don’t over mix.) Roll the dough into 1 ½” balls.
- Put the icing sugar in a bowl and roll the balls, coating each one well. Place on the cookie sheets with about 2″ of space between each one.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Cookies will flatten and crinkle, but not brown. Cool on a wire rack. Keep in well-sealed container.