Popcorn with butter and salt is always delicious – but add a little exotic flair to your next movie night with this simple recipe.
(And dial up the heat, if you like with the addition of chile flakes.)
1/3 cup (80 ml) of oil (either vegetable or avocado oil)
3/4 cup (175 ml) uncooked popcorn kernels
⅓ cup butter
1 Tbsp (15 ml) The Spice Who Loved Me blend
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp salt (5 ml) or more to taste
¼ tsp chile flakes (ground finely in a pestil and mortar) * Optional
- Preheat your oven to 225. (Optional)
- On the stovetop, using a 4-quart pot (with a lid) heat the oil to medium-high heat.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter gently
- Mix together the blend, salt, *Chile flakes (if using) and whisk into the melted butter.
- Add lime juice to butter mixture and leave on low heat while the popcorn pops.
- Add popcorn and cover with the lid. Once the popping starts to slow down, remove the pot from the heat. Leave covered, wait for 2-3 minutes to allow the final pops, then empty into a large bowl.
- Pour the butter with lime juice and spices over the popped corn and toss it well.
- Place popcorn on a cookie sheet, in the oven for 20 min.
- Turn the oven off and leave open to cool with popcorn inside for another 20 minutes.