Curried Carrot Soup
Carrot soup is a beautiful thing. And a delicious lazy winter day thing to have in the fridge or freezer.
There are loads of tasty carrot soup recipes out there, but this one’s a favourite because of how uncomplicated yet flavour-forward it is.
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 Cup of Onions, diced
- 2 stocks of Celery, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cm of fresh Ginger, finely chopped (if you don’t have fresh available, you can replace it with 1/4 tsp of powdered ginger)
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 2 ½ tsp Brick Lane Takeaway
- 700 g of Carrot (doesn’t have to be exact), peeled and shredded
- 1 L Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 400 g can of Coconut Milk
- ½ Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp of Honey
- Roasted and Salted Cashews (chopped up), Fresh Cilantro as garnish *Optional
- Heat oil/butter on medium-high heat and saute onions with celery until starting to become translucent. Add garlic, ginger and Brick Lane Takeaway and stir to coat evenly. Cook for a few minutes more.
- Add grated carrots and saute until they are well on their way to softening. Add the broth, lime juice and honey and simmer so that the carrots are completely cooked.
- Once everything is cooked, add the coconut milk and leave on a simmer to fully heat up. Serve hot, with a fresh cilantro, and/or crushed cashews.