CREAMY SATURNALIA DIJON CHICKEN & POTATOES
This rich and creamy one-pot wonder serves up the main flavour. “I have too many one-pot recipes,” said no one ever! And this one is sure to be a favourite. It’s nice and quick to prepare and hardly messes up the kitchen.
You’ll be glad to have this dish up your sleeve for a delicious dinner any night of the week! Toss together a simple green salad, grab some crusty bread to soak up the sauce, and you’ll have dinner on the table in under an hour.
You could use big cauliflower flowerets instead of potatoes and turn this into a low-carb meal, too!
- 4 large Chicken Thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 1lb Golden Baby Potatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Saturnalia Spice Blend
- ½ tsp Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter
For the Cream Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ¼-½ tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce (or other hot sauce of your choice)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry. In a large bowl, add chicken, halved potatoes, 2Tbsp of the olive oil, saturnalia, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss together to coat the chicken and potatoes well.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add butter and remaining tablespoon of olive oil and give it a good stir. Once hot, add the chicken pieces, skin side down around the outside of the pan, add the potatoes and get as many cut sides down as possible. Cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for another 4-5 minutes until both sides are nice and browned.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to a plate, set aside.
- To the same pan, add butter and garlic. Stir for 1 minute or until fragrant- be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the broth, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, hot sauce and then whisk in heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken (skin side up) and potatoes to the pan and spoon some sauce over everything.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- At this point you can serve, or remove chicken and potatoes from the sauce and thicken the sauce a little with a cornstarch slurry.
- Add some fresh cracked black pepper and some fresh green herbs, and enjoy!