CREAMY GRILLED CHEESE WITH CORIANDER
To say this grilled cheese is elevated would be an understatement. This fragrant and nutty spice adds a really interesting twist to the classic gooey deliciousness. (Add a bit of yogurt to it, too for a little extra creaminess as well as a hit of tangy flavour.) Adding these two ingredients will take your comfort food to the next level!
- 2 Slices of Bread (Sourdough is amazing if you have it!)
- 1 Dollup of Greek Yogurt
- Old Cheddar, grated (about ⅓ – ½ Cup depending on the size of your bread)
- 1 ½ tsp Coriander, ground
- 2 Pinches Smoked Paprika
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 2 tsp Butter, unsalted
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Butter the outside of the bread, and apply the yogurt to the inside of the bread (spreading it like the butter) and sprinkle both with the smoked paprika.
- Add the cheese to one side of the bread, then evenly sprinkle the coriander and salt on top.
- Place the butter side down in the frying pan adding the other slice on top. Using a spatula, gently flatten it so that the melting cheese connects to both sides of the bread.
- After about 3-4 minutes the first side should become golden and crisp. Flip and repeat so that the reverse side gets browned.
- Serve warm.