Classic Apple Crisp
It’s apple-picking season! What could be better than a fresh-baked apple crisp!?
6 Apples (Granny Smith, chopped)
1 ½ Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon (divide to use in 2 ways)
1 Cup Brown sugar
¾ Cup Flour
¾ Cup Old fashion rolled oats
½ Cup Butter (cold, cubed)
Pinch of salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking dish, (or individual dishes) and set aside.
- Toss, to coat the chopped apple in lemon juice.
- Combine apples, granulated sugar, and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl. Place in baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt. Then add butter. Use a pastry cutter, if you have one – or otherwise use your hands to combine mixture with butter well.
- Place the oatmeal topping over the apples, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm on it’s own or with vanilla ice cream!