Butternut Squash Flatbread with Maple & Cinnamon
This flatbread is the epitome of autumn and an ideal snack during sweater weather. Warmed naan topped full with a sweet and savoury (and a little bit spicy) roasted butternut squash delivers homey-comfort flavours of the season with style!
A perfect appetizer for a crowd or serve with a side of salad for a light dinner for 4!
- 1 pkg naan
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 227 g (½ lbs) thick-cut bacon chopped
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed, crushed
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1 apple peeled and sliced thin
- 8oz Sharp cheddar grated
- 6oz Goat cheese
- 4oz Blue Cheese (* Optional, for the blue cheese fans!)
- Toasted pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Line a baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 425.
- Toss the diced squash and onion with olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, chile powder, cumin and salt.
- Roast in a single layer on the tray for 20-25 mins or until fork-tender, tossing at the halfway point of your cooking time.
- While the squash is cooking prepare the naan, brushing each naan with olive oil. Dot them with the goat cheese and layer on the apple slices.
- Add an equal amount of the baked squash-onion mixture to each naan, top with grated cheddar (and blue if using) Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. Let rest for a few minutes, add pumpkin seeds, slice and serve!