A tasty variation of homemade hummus to spice up your veggies or to use as a spread in your wraps and sandwiches.
1 Lemon, juiced
⅓ C Tahini
1 1/2 C cooked chickpeas (or 1 can, strained and rinsed)
1 clove of Garlic, minced
2 ½ tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1 ½ tsp Brick Lane Takeaway
½ tsp Red Curry Paste *Optional
½ – 1 tsp Salt (depending on your preference)
3 (+/-) TBSP Water, warmed
Dash of hot sauce, crushed chillies or cayenne, for extra heat *Optional
- In a food processor or stand blended, mix the tahini and lemon juice, stopping to scrap down the sides as needed.
- Once well-combined, add half of the water, as well as the minced garlic and ½ tsp of salt.
- Add the chickpeas, Brick Lane Takeaway , red curry paste (if using), and olive oil, and continue to blend (stopping to scrap the sides as needed). Add small amounts of warm water if the consistency is too thick.
- Add a bit of heat, if desired but adding a dash of hot sauce, crushed chillies or cayenne. Serve with veggies or on sandwiches and wraps.
- Keeps well sealed up in the fridge for 3-4 days.