Cinnamon Ground Beef & Noodles
Don’t let this unique and unfamiliar flavour combination scare you, this rich dish is exactly what you’ll want after an afternoon filled with doing fall yard work. It’s a one-pot meal that comes together without a lot of fuss and very little clean-up. You won’t be able to stop eating it.
- 454 Ground Beef, extra lean
- 1 medium Onion, chopped1-2 Stalks of Celery, chopped into small pieces
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 cups Macaroni, dry/uncooked
- 2 Cups Water
- 225 G tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt (additional salt to taste, as needed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a Pinch of Crushed dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream *Optional
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and cook onions, celery and garlic for a few minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula as it cooks.
- Add the cinnamon, crushed chillies and vinegar. Stir.
- Add the tomato sauce, macaroni and water and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream and raisins. Serve hot with a topping of cheese.